Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Does anyone know how to detect image offset?
From: blp330 (blp330_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 13:04:40

blp330 wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. This way sounds good but I am very sorry I didn't
> mention that background color might not be white, it might be black,
> brown...etc, even a other pattern image.
>
> This is more complicated to solve this problem.
>
> Do you have any suggestion for that? Thank you very much.

Here is a more complicated case.
http://mercurius.f-snet.com/offset3.png
http://mercurius.f-snet.com/offset3.png
http://mercurius.f-snet.com/offset4.png
http://mercurius.f-snet.com/offset4.png

These two images are different by image comparison method, but you can't
find what different in human eyes. The only different part is background
pattern.

I need a way to ignore the background and detect the image moving.

Thanks.