Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Expand tuple values as callable arguments
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 12:04:57

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Joel de
Guzman<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> Given a boost::tuple<A,B,C> abc; is there a boost facility that allows
>> to "expand" abc into its a, b, c values to pass to a callable
>
> Fusion Functional (see http://tinyurl.com/oodztm) does that, but it
> seems you know already. Boost.Tuple is a valid fusion sequence, so
> you can use it for your fusion fused and unfused forms.

Thanks. I read too fast that section of the Fusion doc, and missed
what I was looking for.

Yes, I was aware that Fusion has Callables, but trying to figure out
what from Bind, FunctionTypes, Function, BLL, or Fusion applied to
what I'm trying to achieve, I'm a bit confused by the choices. I'm
finding it non trivial to go from reading the doc of Fusion or BLL and
be able to conceptualize how and when to use them, or not use them. I
can't say I've read all the doc yet, but I for one would appreciate a
bit more hand holding and examples to better grasp some concepts.
Easier said that done, I know, and I sure am thankful for the high
quality code shared with the C++ community. The failure is mine to
understand the boost libs faster / better ;-)

I'll see what I can figure out and will try to provide more concrete
sample code if I get stuck. Thanks, --DD

PS: Any Effective Meta-Programming or Fusion book or resource out
there or in the works? The Template Meta-Programming book focused more
on implementing MPL-like containers and algos that appropriately and
effectively using libraries like MPL or Fusion for someone like me.