Subject: [Boost-users] assignment operator could not be generated
From: Zachary Turner (divisortheory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 15:53:09

When building a project that uses boost on Windows under MSVC 9.0 (VS 2008),
I get _tons_ of warnings for "assignment operator could not be generated"
all throughout the code. Is this going to cause subtle errors when I run
the code, or are the warnings harmless ones that can be disabled with
pragmas? One example where I get lots of "assignment operator could not be
generated" spam is in boost::detail::addr_impl_ref<T> when I try to use
boost::bind. But there are many other places as well.

I can produce an explicit sample if requested, but since it happens so
frequently and I haven't done anything special AFAIK to make it happen, I
suspect someone else will immediately know what I'm talking about.