Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [bjam] Building Regex with static runtime linking
From: Max (more4less_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-10 01:19:38

> > bjam toolset=msvc-9.0 link=static runtime-link=static release debug
> > --with-regex stage
> >
> > but I get
> >
> > WARNING: No python installation configured and autoconfiguration
> > failed. See http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html
> > for configuration instructions or pass --without-python to
> > suppress this message and silently skip all Boost.Python
targets
> > error: link=shared together with runtime-link=static is not allowed
> > error: such property combination is either impossible
> > error: or too dangerious to be of any use
> >
> > <snip>
> >

> Seems to work for me...
>
> C:\boost\trunk>bjam toolset=msvc-9.0express link=static
> runtime-link=static release debug --with-regex stage

Thanks for your time, Steven. I just don't know how regex is different here.
I'm using a batch file with the contents:

set BZIP2_SOURCE="E:\Lib\bzip2-1.0.5"
set ZLIB_SOURCE="E:\Lib\zlib-1.2.3"
set ICU_PATH="E:\lib\icu"
set HAVE_ICU=1

bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-filesystem
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-serialization
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-regex
-sHAVE_ICU=1
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-signals
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-thread
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-date_time
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release --with-test
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release
--with-program_options
bjam --toolset=msvc --builddir=./ address-model=32 link=static
runtime-link=static threading=multi stage debug release

After finished, I get all of the other lib's except those of regex.

Best
Max