Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ Framework Libraries for Programming Popular databases
From: Allan Wind (allan_wind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-10 22:12:54

On 2009-06-10T11:04:47, Scott McMurray wrote:
> Here's one under the Boost license about which I've heard good things:
> http://soci.sourceforge.net/

I had written a small web application using GDA (C), and when the
changed the API between versions I tried for a few hours to
figure out to change my application. The documentation was not
especially helpful to me. In any case I ended up porting to SOCI
at a fraction of the time I spent with GDA.

It is unreal how much better the (C++) interface is. SOCI also
changed versions, and the only gotcha I hit was having to
download the source package for the documentation as web site
only covered the current version.

If you only need PostgreSQL than libpgxx
<http://pqxx.org/development/libpqxx/> is workable as well.

/Allan

--
Allan Wind