Subject: Re: [Boost-users] New library for RPC-calls using only boost and C++0x
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-11 17:14:29

> > your lib can be of a great value. I have some may be too simple
> questions :)
> > Which data representation format have you choosen? Is it XDR or smth.
> else
> > proprietare.
>
> It's proprietary so far. Each message has a header encoded in binary
> format (portable datatypes like uint16_t with adjusted endianness) and
> a body containing the serialized data. The current approach seems to
> be portable and fast. Maybe it makes sense to change the encoding,
> when a stable version is reached and compatibility to older versions
> becomes important.

To me the transport layer is more like a strategy pattern.
So, using boost::serialization archives suits this well, but also you should think of the option to implement other protocols (XMLRPC f.e.).
So that the user can extend this to its needs, or use one of the prebuild strategies.

regards

Jens Weller

--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss