Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [PropertyTree] Rewrite - Please Review
From: Ryan Gallagher (ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-13 04:53:43

Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl <at> getdesigned.at> writes:

> I have completed the main bulk of the property tree rewrite/cleanup.
[snip]
> Inevitably, there were breaking changes in this process.
>
> I would ask everyone who has existing code using PropertyTree to look at
> these changes and tell me their best guess at how much effort it would
> be to update the code to conform with the new interface, and how I could
> make this easier.

Hi Sebastian,

Your changes look good overall, thanks for doing them.

I took a look at the effect on my code given your breaking changes. Making the
required modifications should not be a problem at all.

I'm a little concerned about binding the path type to the key type, but I don't
have any real-life use-case to argue against this.

I like your use of multi-index container, although perhaps you could use the
BOOST_MULTI_INDEX_MEMBER macro in the index specification -- though the added
portability may not matter given the other code.

I can't think of any need to project from the regular iterator to the
associative iterator. Be sure to briefly mention in the docs how the
associative iterator iterates over its values versus that of the sequential
iterator. Would it be worthwhile to provide an assoc_begin()?

The translator changes seem good to me.

-Ryan