Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [PropertyTree] Rewrite - Please Review
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-13 12:37:08

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:11:29 +0200, "Boris Schaeling" <boris_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:37:37 +0200, Sebastian Redl
> <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> [...]I would ask everyone who has existing code using PropertyTree to
>> look at
>> these changes and tell me their best guess at how much effort it would
>> be to update the code to conform with the new interface, and how I could
>> make this easier.
>
> There is a problem with the Spirit XML parser. When I define
> BOOST_PROPERTY_TREE_XML_PARSER_SPIRIT I get a compiler error:
>
> boost-1_39\boost\property_tree\detail\xml_parser_read_spirit.hpp(103) :
> error C2065: 'empty_ptree' : undeclared identifier
>
> If I use the Rapid XML parser the code compiles. I can't parse a UTF-8
> encoded file correctly though. Is this a known problem?

I know I haven't tested any XML parser other than the RapidXML one, and I
know I haven't tested it with non-ASCII input. Insofar it's a "known"
problem, yeah. :-) Thanks for telling me.

I actually plan to drop all XML parsers save one. There's no reason to
maintain redundant code.

Sebastian