Subject: [Boost-users] Linker error on linux...
From: Ozgur Ozturk (ozgur7_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-18 11:14:05

Hi,
      Thanks to Mr Watanabe, it compiled on Windows.
Now I am trying to compile on Linux.
I was hoping things would be easier because of package managers.
The package manager installed headers into /usr/include/boost and libs into
/usr/lib/ (found out from YAST)
        When I try to compile the same
example<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/chat/chat_server.cpp>with
(c++ -I /usr/include/ chat_server.cpp -o chat_server)
I get errors. I guess I should also specify a library on the command line.
But which library I should include?
       The error messages seems not very helpful.
It doesn't print the line number of the error, but things like .text+0xb3:
chat_server.cpp:(.text+0xb3): undefined reference to
`boost::system::get_system_category()'
I grepped in lib folder for a name with system, but none from boost.
     Hopefully, you can show me some directions,
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Ozgur (Oscar) Ozturk
www.DrOzgur.com