Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problem with boost.system
From: Robert Bielik (robert.bielik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-23 01:55:26

Vladimir Prus skrev:
> I recommend you read this:
>
> http://vladimir_prus.blogspot.com/2009/06/linking-101.html
>
> In particular, the note about static linking towards the end might be directly relevant. Although
> you did not say how you "included AND linked to" error_code.cpp, so it's impossible to say for sure.

Right now I have dependencies on boost::program_options & boost::serialization, how I use boost at the moment is
that I build all needed sources into a static library and thus far it works fine. But when adding the
boost::system source file, it seems not to anymore... :(

The note in the ld docs regarding symbols defined in an archive that are used in later archives (command line wise)
seems to fit the bill. I'll try reorder the linking, or use --start-group/--end-group

Thnx!
/Rob