Subject: Re: [Boost-users] MUMPS interface
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-24 10:10:16

Markku Karhunen wrote:
> On the MUMPS (a MUltifrontal Massively Parallel sparse direct Solver)
> project website they say: "Karl Meerbergen has developed C++
> bindings for MUMPS. They are available in BOOST, the path is
> boost/numeric/bindings/mumps/mumps_driver.hpp ".

They are available in BOOST in a certain sense, but they are not part of BOOST. They are available in the boost-sandbox or as a part of Karl Meerbergen's "GLAS" project.

> Does anybody know anything about this library? The path seems to be
> nonsense to me, maybe I'm missing something here?

The path is not nonsense, but you have to get the bindings library itself first. One option would be to get it from "GLAS":

https://glas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/glas/trunk/glas

The other options are to get a version from the boost-sandbox. The places in the boost-sandbox can be deduced from an answer to another mail at the ublas-mailing list (put on CC):

Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
> 1. What is the status of Bindings? Is it now an official part of Boost?
> If not, where would I obtain the code?

There exists now a new "automatically" generated version at

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings

that will hopefully become a part of Boost someday. What's currently lacking in this version is test coverage.

The old hand written version is now available at

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings-v1

Regards,
Thomas