Subject: [Boost-users] Threaded Daemon - boost::mutex::lock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed.
From: John D (cononet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-28 14:53:02

Hi

This seems an interesting error. I have an application that when executed
as ./execute runs just as fine as can be.
However when run with a a daemon that loads on boot, when activated it
immediately crashes with.

/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:50: void boost::mutex::lock():
Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed.

The cause of the problem clearly is the lack of an in your face shell which
I know and is fine.

I am wondering what advice anyone might have for having a stable boost
threaded tty less executable that will run.
I know it is something very small to change likely in the call to execute
the application but please any help
is appreciated,

Thank you,

John D