Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Custom naming for the managed_external_buffer
From: Thomas d'Erceville (gaston.azerty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-29 10:26:47

Hello,

I'm using a mapped file in order to share my objects between many processes
and I already have my own kind of key to identify them. So instead of
linking them to a <char *> in the function construct(), I would like to use
my own type (providing convenient functions such as less(), operator==, ...)
So I mean, instead of :
   MyObject * my_object = mapped_file.construct<MyObject>("object_name");

I want to known if there is a way to write something like :
   MyKey *object_key*(...)
   MyObject * my_object = mapped_file.construct<MyObject>(*object_key*);

I'm taking a look at the section "Building custom
indexes<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/doc/html/interprocess/customizing_interprocess.html#interprocess.customizing_interprocess.custom_indexes>"
but I am not sure to be able to solve my problem with that.

Could someone confirm?

Best regards,

Thomas