Subject: [Boost-users] Solved it - Re: How to set include path to boost root (when using bjam)?
From: s seelenluft (sseelenluft_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-01 08:35:19

> sorry for this very basic question. Bjam complains about not finding the
> boost libraries. This line
> #include <boost/mathtools/minima.hpp>
> in the header of my code triggers:
> > error: boost/math/tools/minima.hpp: No such file or directory

I have added:
:<include>/usr/local/include/boost-1_39
as suggest on page 6 of:
http://www.boost.org/doc/tools/build/doc/userman.pdf
into the 'body' of exe 'options' in the Jamroot file inside my project. I
had previously tried to add it just at the end that file.

My problem was that I was provided with a working Jamroot file (by somebody
who has since left my organisation) and thus I was able to work happily
without knowing anything about the syntax in it. I was foraging through the
boost documentation how to get started with it and only found that little
bone:
" you need a directory containing the boost/ subdirectory in your
#includepath. "
in:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
but no documentation of how to actually add a include path (because that is
probably obvious to anybody familiar with bjam).

And, I am wondering whether I should rather add that line to my
/usr/share/boost-build/user-config.jam file but the syntax probably is
slightly different there.

Markus