Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [pool] singlton_pool::malloc returning bad address
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-02 17:54:52

AMDG

Jonathan Leonard wrote:
> I'm only calling malloc() and free(). I'm also using tbb's scalable_allocator for non- O-O allocations (if that would matter).
>
> This is with boost 1.37.

I don't see any recent changes in the trunk that are likely to affect
this problem.
I've been running a combination of malloc/free for the last 2 hours and
it hasn't shown any problems.

What specialization of singleton_pool are you using exactly?
Can malloc and free be called concurrently?
Can you guess approximately how many calls to
malloc and free need to be made on average before
it crashes?

I haven't seen anything suspicious yet looking through the pool code...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe