Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test] Error: Non-aligned pointer being freed
From: Sebastian Hauer (sebastian.hauer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-04 23:00:47

Hello Peter,

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Peter Klotz<peter.klotz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The problem you are seeing is exactly the same I reported a while ago
> against Boost 1.37.0 (and it is still present in 1.39.0).
>
> Please have a look at this thread:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-Boost.Test--valgrind-complains-about-invalid-reads-td20500154.html
>
> I finally proposed to rewrite framework_impl::clear() and to make the
> test_unit destructor virtual. This solves the valgrind issue in my test
> program.

Thanks for the pointer. I looked at the code and thought the same
thing when I saw the clean() method. I've changed the base class
destructor to virtual and it took care of the issue. I've also
reintroduced the static_constant template from 1.38 to prevent the
'defined but not used' warnings (see
http://www.nabble.com/-test--gcc-4.2.1-unused-warnings-reappear-in-1.39-td24335398.html
).
Attached is a patch with all the changes I've applied to 1.39.

Regards,
Sebastian