Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Range.Ex / String.Algo] Ambiguous call to overload function "find"
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 03:34:11

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM, S.C. Leung <shaochiliang_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The patch of <boost/algorithm/string/find.hpp> did work.
> Then what's the conclusion? Could anyone reproduce my difficulty? Or it is
> just my missing something when using find_first with
> "boost/range/algorithm.hpp"?

The conclusion is that this problem is a defect in Boost.Algorithm. This
library suffers from unprotected accidental ADL. I am about to request that
this is fixed, or that I am given access to fix the problem.

Thank you for your patience and assistance with this issue.

Best wishes,
Neil Groves

[...]