Subject: [Boost-users] re gularized gamma incomplete function (v 1.39)
From: darthshak (vishakadatta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-10 04:05:54

I am using boost v1.39 libraries on Ubuntu 9.04. This is the first time I am
using the boost libraries for some mathematical work. I needed to use the
regularized incomplete gamma function for one of my programs. The
documentation told me that gamma_q was the upper incomplete gamma function
for the job.

So I tried the syntax gamma_q(a,b) and I got an error saying "gamma_q was
not declared in this scope". Realizing that the boost libraries were in
/opt/boost, I compiled with the following :

g++ ggpdf.cpp -I /opt/boost/include/boost-1_39/

I included the boost header with a
#include<boost/math/special_functions/gamma.hpp>. I stil got the same error
(gamma_q was not declared in scope). I then thought that I should link the
libraries manually and then tried

g++ ggcdf.cpp -I /opt/boost/include/boost-1_39/ -L /opt/boost/lib/

...and still no luck. Also, the size of my /opt/boost folder is only 65M,
which seems kind of small. Am I missing some incantation here for compiling
or is it just an incomplete install?