Subject: [Boost-users] [statechart] Access to asynchronous_state_machine
From: Bill Clark (bill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-13 14:52:34

We're using an asynchronous state machine. You can't construct these
directly; you have to create them indirectly using a scheduler. Is there any
"official" way to get access to the state machine after it's constructed?
Or, alternatively, is there a way to pass a parameter to its constructor?

The scenario I have in mind is one where the client needs to supply the
state machine with some information at run time, ideally immediately upon
construction, but in any case before any reactions occur. So far I have not
found an easy way for the client to get access to the state machine itself.
I can work around this by assuming that the state machine is a singleton,
and setting a publicly visible static instance pointer. But this is far from
ideal. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Bill