Subject: [Boost-users] filesystem filename/regexp pattern matching, fnmatch
From: Mark Lohry (mlohry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-14 11:43:32

I'm porting some linux software to Windows/MSYS, and I've run into a number
of linux-specific file system routines that I was hoping boost::filesystem
would be able to render portable, specifically "glob" and "fnmatch".

 As for glob, I came across this thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/5198/match=glob
but it appears to not have been implemented into boost, and the link to
source code is long dead. Am I going to need to just re-write all
glob-specific code into something boost::filesystem compatible?

As for fnmatch(), which matches regular expressions in strings (say, finding
all files in a directory which contain a numeral), does this not exist in
the filesystem library, or am I overlooking something?

Sorry for the novice nature of the question, but my Boost experience is
limited to numerics.

-ML