Subject: [Boost-users] testing boost cross-compiled
From: McLemon, Sean (Sean.McLemon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-17 09:35:09

Having configured the Boost library for our embedded target, built Boost
and tested a few examples successfully we'd like to incorporate Boost
into our testing framework. I've a couple of queries, though:

1. When we run the run.py script it checks out a fresh version of Boost
from SVN, perhaps clobbering local changes or at least wasting a lot of
time before testing. The workaround suggested in the website
(http://beta.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html) - that
is passing "--user=" to the script - doesn't change this. Is there any
way to prevent this happening reliably?

2. Any executable we generate will need to be run using our command line
simulator (i.e. we might create test.dxe, and run using jitccs532.exe
test.dxe), how should I convey this to the test suite?

3. Our simulator does support input redirection via the command line
(i.e. $ yes | jitccs532 test.dxe) or command line arguments - does this
mean that some of tests won't be usable?

- Sean