Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost::asio::async_write to stream out data
From: Alex Black (alex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-17 15:36:44

Thanks for the feedback on this Matheus and Michael.

I think I have a good idea now of what I need to do.

The point about whether or not you can call async_write before the first one has completed seems important. Right now, I've only got one thread calling io_service.run(), and only 1 thread calling async_write, so it sounds like I don't have to wait, nor do I need to queue, but I do need to manage the buffers' lifetime properly.

- Alex