Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] manual test suite initialization: linking?problems
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-18 20:42:36

Matthias Vallentin <vallentin <at> icsi.berkeley.edu> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 05:32:51PM +0000, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > Why do you want manual registration?
>
> I have a similar scenario to the unary function test case function, as
> described in[1]. In this example, I am using BOOST_PARAM_TEST_CASE and
> therefore chose to register this test with one of mytest suites:
>
> suite->add(BOOST_PARAM_TEST_CASE(callback, v.begin(), v.end()));
>
> Would it be possible register such a test automatically? Then I would
> indeed not need manual registration.
>
> Matthias
>
> [1]
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/libs/test/doc/html/utf/user-guide/test-organization/unary-test-case.html

No. At the moment there is no automatic registration to parameterized test cases.

Note though that you can combine both manually and automatically registered test
units inside the same test module, thus all other test units you can register
automatically.

Gennadiy