Subject: [Boost-users] Locale and Boost.Serialization
From: Luca Cappa (luca.cappa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-20 07:10:50

Hello,

on the Windows platform, in my own application (built in unicode char
econding) I am experiencing this problem with Boost 1.38: if I change the
locale before loading an xml archive, then the application will hang in
the loading of the archive file. I must add that this only occurs in a
Release build
on Windows Vista, but it never occurs on Windows XP. Also, if I run the
application on Vista with the Compatibility
Mode set to Windows XP SP2, it does work and does not hang while loading
the archive.

I tryed to get a stack trace with a ReleaseWithDebInfo on Windows Vista,
here it is:

Warning: stack unwind information unavailable. Following frames may be
wrong.
application!std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >
::push_back+0xblabl1
application!std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >
::push_back+0xblabl2
application!std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >
::push_back+0xblabl3
application!boost::archive::detail::oserializer<boost::archive::xml_oarchive,
boost::shared_ptr<TriggerUnit> > ::save_object_data+0x18b50
application!0xblabla

Any hint what to look at to resolve this issue? Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Luca