Subject: [Boost-users] [log] More than one module but static linking?
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-21 11:29:21

Andrey,

the documentation of your very useful logging library says: "If your
application consists of more than one module (e.g. an exe and one or
several dll's) the library must be built as a shared object."

As it turns out I want to use your library in such an application. However
there is only one module writing to the log file. Do I still need to use
the shared library? Or can I link statically if for example I don't use
certain parts of the library? As far as I see there is no more information
in the documentation why linking dynamically is forbidden?

Boris