Subject: [Boost-users] Spirit qi recommendations ?
From: Avi Bahra (avibahra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-22 05:33:10

    In order to reduce compile times I have decided to rewrite the
parser/grammar
    from classic to spirit qi (spirit 2.1). My understanding is that faster
    compiles come from easier modularisation available under spirit qi.
    (As shown in mini_c example, in the boost tree)

    However I need this to be portable to as many platforms as possible.
    In my case minimum set is Linux,HP-UX, AIX.

    So my fall-back is boost 1.38.

    So how much has boost spirit qi changed between 1.38 and present ?

    How are defects reported against spirit qi, integrated back to past
    releases, or is there any recommended patch type mechanism, that
    supports redistribution of my local boost tree. Or is simply better
   to use spirit independently from boost?

    Are there any issues/guidelines that people have found in
    transitioning from classic to Qi. In my case I made heavy use
   of closures. I have not seen closures in any of spirit qi examples,
   Assuming there is equivalent functionality to closures ?

    I would interested in any recommendations before starting
    on this project.

  Best regards,
Ta,
   Avi