Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [lambda][tr1] Are the native std::tr1::function inVisual Studio and boost::lambda compatible?
From: jp (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 10:05:39

On Jul 29, 4:57 am, "John Maddock" <j..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm not sure of the ins and outs of this, but you will be using Microsoft's
> implementation of std::tr1::function here.  I'm not sure if boost::function
> does something special to work with lambda's or if this is a bug in the
> implementation.

Thanks. Sounds like the dinkumware implementation Microsoft has
licensed has some bugs/incompatibilities.The Intel compiler doesn't
ship with its own standard libraries, so I assume this is an Microsoft
issue when on Windows. I posted on Visual C++ support, but I am
perfectly happy using the boost::tr1 implementation.

How can I setup my environment (intel 11.0, Windows
VisualStudio2008SP1, boost1.38) to use the boost tr1 instead of the
native when I #include<memory>, etc.? I can figure out from the boost
tr1 and boost::build docs how to tell boost to use the native tr1, but
is it possible to go the other direction and force it to use the boost
libraries with the standard include method? I am especially worried
about going cross-platform to Intel 11.0 on linux which I think uses
the GNU standard libraries.

-Jesse