Subject: [Boost-users] [Program-Options] 2 issues
From: Mikhail Veygman (mveygman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 13:59:29

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 with g++ 4.3.2 and boost 1.37.0

I have two issues I have run into with program_options.

1. Minor. When using program options to read option into a short or
unsigned short g++ gives me a warning of:
/opt/boost/1.37.0/include/boost-1_37/boost/any.hpp: In member function
‘void boost::program_options::typed_value<T, charT>::notify(const
boost::any&) const [with T = short unsigned int, charT = char]’

2. I have a need to pass configuration into a plugin for another
package. When using multiple plugins that are compiled with the
program_options I run into a problem that the second plugin loaded is
unable to use program_options to parse the configuration file and dies
with an error of: boost::bad_any_cast: failed conversion using
boost::any_cast

Any assistance anyone can provide on these 2 matters?

--
Regards,
Mikhail Veygman