Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Date_time and leap seconds
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 11:04:00

Hi,
Does Boost.Date_Time support leap seconds? The documentation does not
say it clearly enough, and it implies both answers:
+ The Motivation section says that we should prefer Boost.DateTime to
other time libraries, because other libraries don't support leap
seconds.
+ The documentation and function names often mention "UTC" or
"universal", which by definition supports leap seconds.
- The name "Posix Time" implies no support for leap seconds. At least
this is what Wikipaedia says.
- The rationale at the end says that leap seconds would be difficult
to implement.
- My experiments with simple ptime subtraction suggest no leap second support.

I am really confused.
Regards,
&rzej