Subject: [Boost-users] iterator_range !is_singular assertion
From: Bradley Russell (bradley.russell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-04 10:36:38

We recently upgraded our software to 1.36. Still using Visual Studio 2003.
Started getting these ! is_singular assertions.

I think I have tracked it down to being NDEBUG. For example if my exe does
not have NDEBUG defined and I call a dll that does then the assertion
happens.

I have found a little bit of information about it online

http://www.nabble.com/Bug-in-iterator_range-when-NDEBUG-not-defined-but-boos
t-asserts-are-enabled-td17161844.html

This link has a proposed patch replacing #ifndef NDEBUG with #ifndef
BOOST_DISABLE_ASSERTS in the range/iterator_range.hpp

In limited testing this patch seems to fix the issue.

I am wondering if this is a good fix or is it something more fundamental.

Thanks,
Bradley Russell
Programmer
NPC International

(620)231-3390 x 122

--------
confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual
or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution
or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments, and any
copies of this message from your computer system.