Subject: [Boost-users] Spring layout algorithm for animation
From: Kaspar Fischer (kaspar.fischer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-04 16:14:28

Dear list,

I am interested in spring layout algorithms and have seen this:

  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/libs/graph/doc/kamada_kawai_spring_layout.html

I would like to show an animation of the process of laying out the
graph and wonder whether this is possible with the Kamada-Kawai
algorithm, and with the Boost implementation in particular?

Or does/will Boost provide another spring layout algorithm that is
suitable for animation?

I intend to use such an animation in a GUI where the user initially
sees a small graph (a center node with neighbours, shown in a circular
layout) and can double-click on nodes to add their neighbours -- at
this point I want to visually refine the graph (i.e., change its
layout) using a spring-based algorithm.

Many thanks,
Kaspar