Subject: [Boost-users] question about multi_array use
From: Alle Meije Wink (a.m.wink_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-07 09:48:03

Hello,

I would like to use the multi_array container to handle imaging data.
The image data can be anything up to 8-dimensional (usually up to 4) and
dimension information is found in records that accompany the binary data.

Would it be possible to create an image class that takes the
dimensionality and extents list as parameters, so that images of all
dimensionalities can be treated as one class?

For example, could the dimensionality be passed as a size_t argument?

What I understand from the multi_array paper is that the extents list
would only be required whan the array is initialised.

Best wishes
Alle Meije