Subject: [Boost-users] Runtime properties in BGL
From: Andre de Leiradella (aleirade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-13 23:53:25

Hi All,

I've recently discovered BGL and am considering using it to replace some
graph classes and algorithms I use in an application. One thing that I
need is the ability of adding properties to nodes at runtime.

In my application each node represents an operation to be performed upon
a set of inputs and generating one or more outputs. The properties of
the nodes are defined in an external file and depend on the node's
operation.

Does BGL support it? Both bundled properties and the property map seem
to required the definition of the properties at compile-time, and they
seem to required that all nodes have the same set of properties.

While I could hold each node's properties in an external structure (i.e.
std::map), I also want to use read_graphml/write_graphml to load/save
the graph along with the node's properties.

Thanks in advance,

Andre de Leiradella