Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Trying to compile boost 1.40
From: Mathieu Malaterre (mathieu.malaterre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-21 08:31:00

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Vladimir Prus<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>>   I am trying to compile boost 1.40 to start playing with the PBGL.
>>   I tried using bjam and followed the basic instructions but it fails
>> to inspect my system and leads to:
>>
>> $ ./bjam install
>> Note: Building Boost.Regex with Unicode/ICU support enabled
>>     Using ICU in  /usr/include
>> warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
>> note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH to the
>> note: directories containing the Expat headers and libraries, respectively.
>> warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
>> note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user_config.jam
>> warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
>> note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
>
> Did you do as suggested above?

I did 4 google search on 'user_config.jam boost', they all linked to
deprecated documentation (they would not even be available from google
cache), so I simply gave up. I only need the PBGL part, from VTK which
is cmake based, so it seems more natural to use cmake for building
boost.

I admit I feel much more comfortable with cmake anyway, thus I did not
spent too much time on bjam.

--
Mathieu