Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Help with compiling boost for Debian (receiving file not found error when compiling boost-dependant program)
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-21 13:47:33

there are boost 1.38 debian packages. if you use debian stable, go to
packages.debian.org, search for "libboost-dev" and choose distribution "any".
you'll find libboost1.38-dev or something like that.
download that and all the required dependencies you don't already have, and
you'll get boost 1.38 without building it yourself and without updating
debian to testing or unstable.