Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] It pollutes my O-Zone!
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 11:35:31

I noticed that <boost/asio.hpp> and <boost/asio/io_service.hpp> both include
windows specific header files through some level of indirection. I know this
because it is causing problems with wxWidgets depending on the order of my
include directives. I was considering using a mediator/pimpl of some sort to
keep the asio includes limited to a very confined translation unit, but this
would complicate the usage of ASIO in general. I have a class that owns an
io_service object by-value in its header.
Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the amount of namespace polluting ASIO
does? I really blame this on the Windows API, since ASIO is just as limited
by it as I am. Thanks in advance.

---------
Robert Dailey