Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Binary archive headers?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 01:33:17

look for "no_header" argument on archive constructor.

Robert Ramey
  "Robert Dailey" <rcdailey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:496954360908251603w1f1726fala87172ac7ceba27f_at_mail.gmail.com...
  Hi,

  I'm looking at the streambuf filled with data after I do this:

    boost::asio::streambuf buf;
    std::ostream stream( &buf );
    boost::archive::binary_oarchive archive( stream );
    archive << "Hello World";

  And I see that there's a lot of binary data that preceeds the "Hello World" data. Looks like custom header information that boost::serialization inserts into the stream. Is there a way to prevent any automatic header information from being inserted into the archive's stream? I'm using this serialized buffer to communicate with a device over a COM port and I can't have this extra information in my buffer.

  Thanks.

  ---------
  Robert Dailey