Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] poor read performance with 10Mb
From: Perry, Daniel (PerryD_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 09:56:27

Hello,

I've tried searching the archives without much luck, so here goes...

I'm using version 1.37 of the boost libraries and I've implemented a
SCGI, http://python.ca/scgi/protocol.txt
<http://python.ca/scgi/protocol.txt> , server using the HTTP Server 3 as
a starting point. Everything works fine for small requests ~1k, but
when I try to send ~10 Mb through the performance is awful. It takes
~90 seconds to transfer the data locally on my pc from one app to
another. I've tried profiling the code assuming that I was wasting time
somewhere in my code, but the profiler should that the threads that were
processing the requests where blocked most of the time and not doing
anything. The buffer size that I use to read with is 128kb. I not sure
what other information is helpful to diagnose what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel Perry