Subject: Re: [Boost-users] pathological regex?
From: Mike Marchywka (marchywka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-27 19:40:06

> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 00:50:35 +0200
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] pathological regex?
>
> Ok,
> first of all this isn't answer to my question.
> Secondly - do you have any performance test to campere these libraries?

I've never used Spirit but using Boost regex and greta for
repetitive stuff I finally had to write my own
very limited compiler- however, it is very important if you
do that to have a known-good library against which you can
test your optimized stuff. I'm not sure what Spirit does
at compile time as opposed to runtime but I guess
a code generator may be something to consider.
If you really need speed for a fixed expression, I think
you are stuck with hard coded logic. Parsing is never
really free. Even without a fixed literal expression,
you may be able to define a class of regex's which your
custom version could accommodate and be fast enough for
what you need but not requiring new code each time.