Subject: [Boost-users] Boost ASIO on Windows Mobile 5, asynchronous functions not working
From: James Pritts (jbpritts_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-28 12:47:36

I was able to compile boost asio for Windows Mobile 5 using VC 9.0 and STL
Port 5.2.1. The synchronous socket functions seem to be working, but the
asynchronous functions never call the provided handlers. Does anyone know
if asio's asunchronous socket functions work on WinMo5? I know that WinMo
5 does not have i/o completion ports, but the reactors don't seem to be
working either. Is asynchronous i/o not possible on Windows Mobile ?. I
used the following functions:

        client_socket_.async_connect(...);

      client_socket_.async_read_some(...);

The async_connect call establishes a connection, but my connect handler is
never called.

Thanks,
  Jimmy.