Subject: Re: [Boost-users] pkg-config and FreeBSD
From: Bruce Simpson (bms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-29 08:21:24

Hi,

You probably need to raise this question with Alexander Churanov, who
recently updated the FreeBSD port of Boost to 1.39.0.

Roman Shmelev wrote:
> Vladimir, answer please, you are my only hope :)
>
> 2009/7/29 Roman Shmelev <rshmelev_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> FreeBSD: (standard install using ports, of course with thread support)
>> libboost_filesystem
>> Fedora 8 (EC2) : (1.38, Makefile tweaked with --layout=system)
>> libboost_filesystem-mt
>>
>> questions are:
>> Why "-mt" does not appear on FreeBSD?
>> Probably there is a way to make gcc find itself the proper filename
>> using prefix...?

Normally the libraries are built with multithreading support by default,
as FreeBSD ships with POSIX threads enabled; however, this is a
configurable option in the port itself; the use of threading in the
headers is controllable by preprocessor defines.

thanks,
BMS