Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [proto] folding a proto tree in reverse
From: Maurizio Vitale (maurizio.vitale_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-30 14:13:54

    Eric> Maurizio Vitale wrote:
>> Sorry for the noise, please disregard the previous post. I was
>> missing the state in the invocation of the fold. Which is ok,
>> when you don't have a data (it gets default constructed, which
>> would have been ok for me), but cannot possibly work with data.

    Eric> Good, I was just sitting down to write a response. So did you
    Eric> get it working with proto::reverse_fold_tree?. Using fusion
    Eric> algorithms with proto::flatten will surely lead to long
    Eric> compile times.

proto::reverse_fold_tree worked just fine in the end. I'm not too
concerned about compilation time at this point. Rather the assembly code
generated when evaluating fixed-point arithmetic shouldn't be too far
from what you'd write by hand.

     Maurizio