Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [unit_test_framework] checkpoints for BOOST_CHECK*?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 00:55:29

 <rozelak <at> volny.cz> writes:
> There are extensive tests started automatically on regular basis required,
> and some random permutations are used in some of the special tests (we
> can discuss about meaningfulness of it, but it is the requirement ...).
> So, when BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE is used, it either prints everything or
> nothing (depending on the log level set). It is much more convenient
> to have only failures included in test results (as boost already does
> it now, and even I don't care about conditions not resulting in test
> failure ...). However, I need to have detailed test conditions included
> within the failure message as well (and they may be quite complex ).
> That's my motivation.

If these are automated tests:

1. Why do you care about content of the output at all. I mean just use
log_level=message and store all the logs. You'll review them if any failures
will actually happen.

2. You can use XML format and present it to your screen in a way you prefer. For
example you'll skip messages if test case has no failures and show them if it is.

Gennadiy