Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] binary archiver with generic primitive types
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 15:20:39

Am Monday 31 August 2009 15:34:07 schrieb Florent Teichteil:
> undefined reference to
> `boost::archive::basic_binary_oprimitive<boost::archive::tbinary_oarchive<u
>nsigned char>, unsigned char, std::char_traits<unsigned char>
>
> >::~basic_binary_oprimitive()'

looks like a case of not included .ipp files.
I filed a bug report for that a short time ago, try to include all the
relevant .ipp files you can find in boost/archive/impl and see if that helps.

> So I give up, but I would strongly recommend to allow native template
> archivers with generic primitive types in the Boost serialization library.

there are many cases that require something else than a char streambuf, I e.g.
don't use streambufs at all for performance reasons.
so I don't think it makes sense to generalize the archive types to support one
more rare use case, when it's impossible to support all use cases. beyond
what you can already do: write your own archive.