Subject: [Boost-users] BGL new graph type implementation trouble
From: Sebastian Weber (sebastian.weber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 10:22:01

Hi!

I am currently trying to implement a new graph type which I want to use with
the BGL. The graph implements the Incidence Graph concept and should work
out of the box with DFS algorithm of the BGL. However, I had to find out
that the edge_descriptor must obey an EqualityComparison concept which keeps
DFS from compiling. My current edge_descriptor is just a typedef to
std::pair<vertex_descriptor, vertex_descriptor>. The vertex_descriptor
itself is a custom object I wrote myself.

Another problem turns out to appear with the copy-graph algorithm. This
algorithm tries to copy vertex_all-property maps and edge_all property maps
which I simply do not have defined in my custom graph as I only support the
vertex_index mechanism. So what to do here? How can I tell copy-graph that
these maps are not existent?

Any help would be great here as I have the impression to hit limits of the
documentation (the Equality-thing is not mentioned in the docs, at least I
did not find it...).

Greetings,

Sebastian