Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] reducing memory requirements for adjacency list
From: Soeren Meyer-Eppler (Soeren.Meyer-Eppler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 12:16:15

> One issue with my last reply: I didn't see that you were using a
> bidirectional graph type. The CSR graph does not support bidirectional
> graphs currently; I can put that together or describe how to do it if
> you want (with the graph structure being about 3x as large, but not
> duplicating the properties). That might be your best option.

Yes, I absolutely require bi-directional graphs. As I mentioned, the
application is static code analysis and a callgraph is inherently
bi-directional. So yes, I'd really like to know how to use the CSR
graph in a bidirectional manner.

> With CSR, the overhead for the properties is just the space the
> raw data takes up.

Does that mean raw data gets allocated per vertex/edge or in one big
buffer indexed by vertex/edge? I'd prefer the later of course. I
need to get the number of small memory allocations down to an
absolute minimum (i.e. calls to new/mallow with only a few bytes).

best regards,

    Sören