Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] reducing memory requirements for adjacency list
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 08:17:38

> I have filed a new ticket #3386. I do believe this feature to be of
> general interest, so I think a library implementation is preferable
> to me hacking my own.
>
> You'd be the one implementing it? Any idea when it might become
> available?

I would advise against modifying adjacency list directly. The change is too
intrusive. Creating new selectors and specializing the container generation
logic can be accomplished without changes to the adjacency_list and will
have the effect.

Also, I think this approach follows actually matches the design of the data
structure more closely. It assigns the allocator to the container, not the
graph, which doesn't actually allocate anything.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]