Subject: [Boost-users] [boost::asio]Question about how to properly make several async requests (reads and writes)
From: Matheus Araújo Aguiar (matheus.pit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 09:28:20

Dear list,

I have learned that one cannot make several async write requests, one after
another, without waiting for the completion of each request, otherwise the
bytes get merged and the messages will not make sense at the receiving side.
I am correct assuming that, right?
My doubt is if the same happens to async read requests. Does one have to
wait a read request completes before issuing another? Will the bytes get
merged too, if one does not wait before making another read request?

Assuming things happen that way, one async request waiting for the
completion of another earlier request, then one have serial I/O processing
and if one wants to have things done in parallel, the simplest way would be
having other(s) thread(s) reading and writting in the same I/O object. Is
this correct?

I hope I have made my doubts clear enough, and if it is not clear please say
it and i will try to be more objective.

Regards,

--
Matheus Araújo Aguiar