Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [interprocess] problem in HPUX
From: Rui Pedro Fernandes (ruipfernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 12:59:51

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/735503565/0bf36578fbd945a3670cefb0c5945122

Two more gdb runs in the link above.

Notice that gdb couldn't show me the values of local variables like
origname, name or oflag - bad address. I rebuilt the test and this kept
appearing. I just don't know why this happens and I think the gdb runs are
not reliable at all.

** 1st run: errno = 22 after sem_open failure

Then I changed file semaphore_wrapper.hpp, function semaphore_open, line 68:

>> before:
case detail::DoOpen:
//No addition
break;

>>after:
case detail::DoOpen:
oflag = 0;
break;

and I could pass that exit point and go further.

** 2nd run:
Apparently the test passed. However, if I run the test out of gdb, it keeps
failing exactly the same way:

«
====== BEGIN OUTPUT ======
create_then_open_then_open_or_create<33named_mutex_creation_test_wrapper>
Failed: false file: named_creation_template.hpp line : 34
boost::interprocess_exception::library_error

EXIT STATUS: 1
====== END OUTPUT ======
»

I was wondering that in case you are interested, you could connect to the
hpux host via VPN...

Best regards,
Rui