Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [signals2] tracking intrusively ref-counted object
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-06 11:31:27

> I mean something like:
>
> some_intrusive_ptr<object> selfAncor_;
> void handle(const some_intrusive_ptr<object> &this); // accept by reference
> signal1_.connect(&handle, selfAncor_); // bind value

Ok, I see now - you propose to define an additional formal parameter,
while I bound selfAncor_ in place of "this"...

Meanwhile, it seems that all this scheme is not feasible in my case,
because of the nature of COM objects: even though one can override
Release() method that decrements ref.count, it's still impossible to
track an arbitrary value of ref.count :-(.